AIN members help support entrepreneurs throughout Latin America who solving social problems through their businesses.
The Agora Investor Network (“AIN”) is a global network of impact investors committed to solving critical social and environmental problems by investing in early-stage impact entrepreneurs in Latin America. The AIN is a community committed to unleashing the potential of a new generation of entrepreneurs by building an impact economy based on high-growth, sustainable businesses. The goal of AIN is to help educate and empower investors who want to use their capital, networks, and knowledge to support business solutions to global challenges.
We define Impact Investing using the Global Impact Investing Network’s terminology: investments that are designed to address social or environmental challenges while generating some level of financial profit. We also believe that the mark of a true impact investor is how much they help entrepreneurs to generate sustained value for all of their key stakeholders – employees, shareholders, customers, and future generations.
Members are typically individuals, family offices, foundations, and institutional impact investing funds. Those in the AIN share knowledge, co-invest, and support Agora Partnerships’ entrepreneurs through deploying capital, providing mentorship, and fostering connections at the level they choose. Members have a full range of financial return expectations, but all are committed to using capital to create impact.
Benefits of Membership
- Personalized match-making with pre-screened early-stage social entrepreneurs that best meet members’ investment criteria
- Preliminary due diligence materials on Agora entrepreneurs
- Invitation and discount to Agora’s annual investor conference, Impact Investing in Action; the primary space for members of the AIN to learn about and connect with Agora entrepreneurs.
- The opportunity to build close relationships, share knowledge and co-invest with other like-minded investors
- A free preliminary GIIRS rating for all investments
- Monitoring Agora entrepreneurs’ financial, social and environmental impact using IRIS taxonomy
- The opportunity to collaborate with entrepreneurs and provide mentorship
- The opportunity to recommend early-stage businesses for the Agora Accelerator; seasoned investors will have an opportunity to be a part of our selection committee
- Access to Agora’s deal closing services at a discounted rate
- All deals are privately negotiated and executed; member information is not disclosed outside the network without investor consent
- Membership is free of charge and includes all of the benefits listed above.
Member Expectations and Criteria
- Members are expected to be active participants in the AIN community, including being prepared to provide capital, share knowledge and, if desired, mentor entrepreneurs
- Members are encouraged to attend Impact Investing in Action, the culmination of the Agora Accelerator Program, where entrepreneurs pitch to and become engaged with investors. This exclusive gathering both connects and inspires those looking to advance the growing mission of impact investing
- Agora is working with our partners to create processes and investment options that make early stage impact investing as streamlined as possible. Occasionally, we will ask to set up phone or in-person meetings with members to ensure we have the most recent data on your needs and that you have up-to-date information on Agora
- Members must be Accredited Investors.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out this short questionnaire and Agora Portfolio Manager, Becky Bailey, will be in touch.