ASSOCIATE PROGRAM CONSULTANT, ENTREPRENEUR EXPERIENCE
Location: Managua, Nicaragua
Position Type: Fulltime
ABOUT AGORA PARTNERSHIPS
Agora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unleashing the potential of entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and environmental impact throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Agora Partnerships accomplishes this through the Agora Accelerator, a four-month consulting program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses and their impact. Since 2011, the Agora Accelerator has served 182 companies from 20 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, and has catalyzed more than US$71 million in investment. Learn more at www.agorapartnerships.org.
We believe in the power of entrepreneurship to solve the world’s greatest challenges, such as climate change, poverty, inequality, and others as outlined in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Yet, too many entrepreneurs face nearly insurmountable odds. We are committed to leveling the playing field for entrepreneurs by finding innovative ways to drive investment and support into the people and ideas that will make our world a better place.
As a Program Associate, you will be an integral member of Agora’s Accelerator Team, playing a critical role at Agora Partnerships during a time of exciting growth. As Agora continues to work with more entrepreneurs, enhance our programs, and create new offerings, you will have a key part in strengthening the Entrepreneur Experience, with the ultimate goal of delivering an efficient, high-quality experience for all entrepreneurs from the time of their first contact with Agora pre-Accelerator through when they are alumni of Agora programs, supporting the most promising and impactful social enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Program Associate will form a part of the Agora Accelerator team. Operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, you will have significant responsibility, autonomy, and opportunity to contribute to the execution of Agora’s program activities. The Program Associate’s primary role is to support the Accelerator Team in executing the Agora Accelerator program, serving 50-60 social enterprises per year with quality consulting and investment related services in Latin America and the Caribbean through the following:
This is a 12-month contract position starting January 2018. The Program Associate will join our team for orientation and training in January to February 2018 in Managua, Nicaragua. They will join the Agora Entrepreneur Retreat in Managua, Nicaragua from in late February 2018. The Program Associate will be based in their primary location of Managua, Nicaragua the majority of the time.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Entrepreneur Recruiting: Identify, communicate with, and recruit Accelerator entrepreneur candidates on an ongoing basis. Develop a deep understanding of the Accelerator in order to encourage and support promising companies in their application. Support entrepreneur recruiting events and workshops. Support tracking and analysis of entrepreneur recruiting. Support Agora team to build and maintain valuable recruiting partnerships in countries of operations, with aim to recruit entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneur Selection and Onboarding: Support Accelerator company, including initial screening, application review, and interview processes. Support onboarding of Accelerator companies to ensure a smooth initial experience for entrepreneurs entering Agora programs. Prepare companies to join Accelerator program including Entrepreneur Retreat and Consulting.
- Entrepreneur Retreat and Events: Support the Accelerator team to design, plan and execute Entrepreneur Retreat and events in collaboration with Accelerator Team. Support retreat logistics and communications. Support entrepreneur investor roundtables coordination pre and post event.
Communications and Operations
- Programs Communications: Support development of tools and such as webpages, emails, and social media. Support development of externally facing materials. Collaborate with team to collect and create content for Agora communication materials. Support Spanish communications and translation as needed.
- Alumni Engagement: Support alumni engagement communications to ensure continuous involvement of alumni entrepreneurs. Leverage social media, email, and WhatsApp channels for community engagement. Identify ways of enhancing the online community of Agora entrepreneurs.
- Data management: Support utilization of technology platforms, such as Salesforce, to track entrepreneur data. Ensure data integrity.
- Reporting: Support grant and impact reporting in collaboration with team as needed.
Nicaragua Office Support
- Nicaragua Operations and Community: Support Nicaragua office operations, events, partnerships, and brand building opportunities.
We seek outstanding early career professionals with education and entry level experience including:
- Two to three years of work experience in areas such as business, marketing, communications, project management, and entrepreneur programming;
- Graduate degree in business, marketing, communications, international relations, or related field or equivalent professional experience. Candidates who do not have a graduate degree but have significant related work experience may also be considered;
- Experience developing marketing and communications materials involving private sector organizations, non-governmental organizations, and entrepreneurs;
- Experience coordinating events;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Solid project management skills, including ability to work on and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational abilities;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the field of impact investing and impact entrepreneurship;
- International work experience, especially in Latin America; and,
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Candidates without English and Spanish fluency need not apply.
Ideal candidates will exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity, and perseverance. Though there is not one “ideal” profile for this position, we seek the following personal characteristics in a candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency;
- Adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization;
- Strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and execute on multiple projects at once;
- Excitement for and ability to work on teams and collaborate;
- High attention to detail and time management skills; and,
- Sense of joy and humor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Agora Partnerships provides the following:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with experience – this is a consultancy based position that provides a monthly stipend;
- Comfortable workspace in a local co-working office;
- Air travel, airport transfers, baggage fees and lodging associated with work travel;
- Reimbursement of any travel visa fees incurred;
- Access to Agora Partnerships’ professional networks (e.g. ANDE, Sistema B, Impact Hub);
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (with travel and attendance covered);
- Access to networking events, an extensive network of professionals, and industry experts; and,
- Fifteen days paid vacation time plus locally recognized national holidays.
To apply, please send a motivation letter and up to date CV to email@example.com by December 15, 2017. The motivation letter should explain why you are excited for this opportunity, why you believe it is the right fit for your career, and what unique contributions you would make to the Agora Accelerator team.
Agora Partnerships is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.