ASSOCIATE PROGRAM CONSULTANT, ACCELERATOR AND INVESTMENT
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Position Type: Fulltime
ABOUT AGORA PARTNERSHIPS
Agora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unleashing the potential of entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and environmental impact throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Agora Partnerships accomplishes this through the Agora Accelerator, a four-month program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses and their impact. Since 2011, the Agora Accelerator has served 182 companies working in 19 countries across Latin America and the Caribbean and catalyzed more than US$71 million in investment into these companies. Learn more at www.agorapartnerships.org.
We believe in the power of entrepreneurship to solve the world’s greatest challenges, such as climate change, poverty, inequality, and others as outlined in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Yet, too many entrepreneurs face nearly insurmountable odds. We are committed to leveling the playing field for entrepreneurs by finding innovative ways to drive investment and support into the people and ideas that will make our world a better place.
As a Program Associate, you will be an integral member of Agora’s Accelerator Team, playing a critical role at Agora Partnerships during a time of exciting growth. As Agora continues to work with more entrepreneurs, enhance our programs, and create new offerings, you will have a key part in strengthening Agora’s programs, with the ultimate goal of delivering efficient, high-quality operations execution for the organization, Agora team members, partners, and entrepreneurs.
The Program Associate will form a part of the Agora Accelerator team. Operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, you will have significant responsibility, autonomy, and opportunity to contribute to the execution of Agora’s program activities. The Program Associate’s primary role is to support the Accelerator Team in executing the Agora Accelerator program, serving 50-60 social enterprises per year with quality consulting and investment related services in Latin America and the Caribbean. The Program Associate will also provide support for Mexico office operations. The position will involve the following responsibilities:
This is a 12-month contract position starting January 2018. The Program Associate will join our team for orientation and training in January to February 2018 in Managua, Nicaragua. They will participate in the Agora Entrepreneur Retreat in Managua, Nicaragua from in late February 2018. The Program Associate will be based in their primary location of Mexico City, Mexico the majority of the time.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accelerator Program Execution: Support Accelerator Manager and team in implementing Agora Accelerator program. Support consulting program, mentorship, data collection, investment deliverable review process, and technology system coordination in cooperation with Coordinator, Program Operations. Ensure the Programs team has the support they need to execute Agora’s Accelerator programs. Provide logistical support for consultant travel and entrepreneur travel as needed.
- Consultant Selection and Onboarding: Support Consultant recruiting, selection, and onboarding.
- Entrepreneur Retreat and Events: Support the Accelerator team to design, plan and execute Entrepreneur Retreat and local Mexico events. Support retreat logistics and communications. Support entrepreneur investor roundtables coordination pre and post event.
- Data Management: Support utilization of technology platforms, such as Salesforce, to track entrepreneur data.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Reporting: Support Accelerator program grant and impact reporting in collaboration with team as needed.
Investment and Financial Innovation
- Investor Matchmaking: Support Agora’s Salesforce database as well as research to suggest potential investors for Agora entrepreneurs. Support Investment Team in creating curated lists for Investors and alumni entrepreneurs of potential matches. Maintain Investor-Entrepreneur introductions up to date on salesforce.
- Investment Preparedness: Work with Agora Consultants and Investment Team to support review of deliverables and mock investor calls to help prepare Agora Accelerator companies for investment.
- Investor Research: Conduct online research of impact investors in support of matching Agora alumni seeking capital with potential investors. Send initial emails to learn more about investor needs and pre-screen those that warrant a call with Investment Team. Support updating investor information on the Salesforce database up.
Mexico Office Support
- Mexico Operations and Community: Support Mexico office operations, events, partnerships, and brand building opportunities.
We seek outstanding early career professionals with education and entry level experience including:
- Two to three years of work experience in areas such as business, consulting, investment, program management, and entrepreneur programming;
- Graduate degree in business, communications, international relations, or related field or equivalent professional experience. Candidates who do not have a graduate degree but have significant related work experience may also be considered;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Solid project management skills, including ability to work on and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the field of impact investing and impact entrepreneurship;
- International work experience, especially in Latin America; and,
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Candidates without English and Spanish fluency need not apply.
Ideal candidates will exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity, and perseverance. Though there is not one “ideal” profile for this position, we seek the following personal characteristics in a candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency;
- Adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization;
- Strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and execute on multiple projects at once;
- Excitement for and ability to work on teams and collaborate;
- High attention to detail and time management skills; and,
- Sense of joy and humor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Agora Partnerships provides the following:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with experience – this is a consultancy based position that provides a monthly stipend;
- Comfortable workspace in a local co-working office;
- Air travel, airport transfers, baggage fees and lodging associated with work travel;
- Reimbursement of any travel visa fees incurred;
- Access to Agora Partnerships’ professional networks (e.g. ANDE, Sistema B, Impact Hub);
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences (with travel and attendance covered);
- Access to networking events, an extensive network of professionals, and industry experts; and,
- Fifteen days paid vacation time plus locally recognized national holidays.
To apply, please send a motivation letter and up to date CV to email@example.com by December 15, 2017. The motivation letter should explain why you are excited for this opportunity, why you believe it is the right fit for your career, and what unique contributions you would make to the Agora Accelerator team.
Agora Partnerships is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.